Today I'm at Catalyst Conference (this fuzzy picture is mine) with my team of folks from CentriKid Camps. We have enjoyed the leadership lessons and the worship experiences. The overall Catalyst experience has been great so far!
There is so much information to process that it can be tough to know where to start. Here are a few tips for getting the most out of your next conference. The more of these skills you put into practice, the better you will be at implementing what you learn at the conference.
- Soak it in. Realize there is information overload and just enjoy the ride!
- Write down your key thoughts in the moment. Don't assume you'll remember it all because you won't.
- Reflect on what you learned/heard/were inspired by that day. Don't sleep on it until you spend a little time reflecting. (This is part of the process)
- Talk about it. Sharing what you learn helps you solidify it in your mind.
- Set a time to review the notes you've taken after you get home. A different setting can reveal new insights that you may not have recognized while at the conference.
- Make a plan to do things differently. If you don't aim for change, then how do you expect to change? This is why we go to conferences, right?
- Sign up for another conference. Whether you choose to attend the same conference next year or if you are going to a different conference, get it on the calendar so you don't let it slip past you.
These intentional steps will help you retain information better, and better impact your ministry back home. We would love to have you join us at the LifeWay Kids Ministry Conference
at some point... it is a great opportunity to worship and get inspired in ministry. There are also great break-out workshops to attend for education. Holler at me if you are interested.